As a business owner in this modern world, we often feel like the pressures of the world are on our shoulders. Whether you are finding it difficult to get to sleep with all the thoughts running through your head, or your day is getting away from you and you feel overwhelmed, remember there are a few key points to remember and some great resources available to help you.
We started thinking about a few basic tips and suggestions that can help and we have listed them for you below.
1. Understand that you are not alone. At Meritous we try to keep in touch with our clients on a regular basis and are always available should things pop up that you need to talk about.
2. Where possible try to automate processes and tasks, this will allow you to manage your business more efficiently and provide more opportunities to take a break away from the office.
3. Turn off email reminders on your phone and as best as possible have periods throughout your day where you don’t respond to emails. We all know this is hard and we fear that we will miss something, however if it is urgent most of your clients will pick up the phone and call you.
4. Take time out of your busy schedule to go for a walk, meditate or whatever centres you. This will help you to maintain a balanced and clear head and assist with focus and clarity.
5. Sleep well and sleep in if you can. I find that a good healthy night’s sleep always helps to maintain my mental health and a sleep in helps to prevent feeling tired and rundown at the end of the week.
6. Build a support network of fellow business owners. Quite often we get lost in our own mind thinking that we are going through things alone and that nobody could possibly understand. There is a high chance that if you are going through something other business owners have been too. The collective knowledge that other business owners can bring to your struggles is all you need to break through.
We really hope that you can take the time and implement some of the above into your week. Your mental health and your business health are linked and by spending time working on yourself, you will inevitably be that one step closer to better business health.
Speaking of business health one of the biggest tips we can suggest is making sure you have a great handle on your business. This means knowing what is going on in your business, will help you to make better, more balanced decisions. Need help to understand your business, you’re not alone and at Meritous we are here to help.
For some great additional resources check out the fantastic information provided by Queensland Government. Learn more here: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/support/mental-health-resources
Until next time from all our team at Meritous take care of yourself.